Friday, January 27, 2017
He Leads me…….
© Michele Emerson-Robert 2016
Wild ferns grow in abundance in the White Mountains of Arizona. Picked and dried, they are wonderful to add to sheets of handmade paper. When I saw the small fern die that was the same as the wild ferns and the stamp from Impression Obsession™, I knew exactly what I wanted to create.
· Any of the Arnold Grummer® paper making kits
· Arnold Grummer® flower press kit
· Blender, cello sponges and soft towels
· A sunny window
· Scraps of off white and tan paper (think junk mail, etc.)
· Herbs, onion skins or dried grasses as inclusions
· Scraps of tissue paper
Dies: Unknown: Cross
· CheeryLynn™ Big Sister™ die cutting and embossing machine
· Westcott™ paper trimmer
· Beacon ZipDryTM adhesive, double sided foam tape
· Impression ObsessionTM stamp: C13489 “He leads me……..”
· 11 x 14” tan matboard, envelope for card, display easel
1. Dry the ferns in the AG flower press kit
2. Follow the instructions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create off white slurry with inclusions and create a sheet of heavy weight handmade paper with the dried ferns partially embedded into the sheet.
3. Create more slurry with herbs or grasses and create one or more sheets of handmade paper..
4. Allow the paper to dry..
5. Die cut 4-5 of the ferns, 1 cross and 1 Monarch butterfly from Kraft cardstock scrap or tan chip board.
6. Stamp the saying “He leads me beside the still waters…..he restores my soul” onto two pieces of scrap tissue paper.
7. Tear, score and fold a piece of the handmade paper to create a 4 ¼ x 5 ½” card.
8. Clip the corners on a 2 ½ x 4 ¾ piece of handmade paper.
9. Glue one piece of stamped tissue paper to the left side of this piece.
10. Attach the die cut cross to the right hand side with tiny pieces of foam tape.
11. Center and attach this piece to the card front with small pieces of foam tape.
12. Arrange and attach the ferns to the sheet of fern paper as desired.
13. Attach the stamped tissue paper with ZipDry™ adhesive.
14. Attach the butterfly with a tiny piece of foam tape.
15. Attach the fern paper to the matboard with small pieces of foam tape.
16. Place it on an easel to display.