Friday, December 16, 2016
© Michele Emerson-Robert 2016
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite celebrations. It is that time when most people look back over the past year and give praise to all of the many blessings that we have in our lives. Here are two of the more than 50 cards that I will send out this November.
· Any of the Arnold Grummer® paper making kits and “Tea Time” mold
· Blender, strainer, cello sponges and soft towels
· A sunny window
· Scraps of white and tan paper (think junk mail, etc.)
· Scraps of tan/brown heavy weight handmade paper or cardstock to die cut
· Die: Quiet Fire Designs™ ECD #1231 Cozy
· Westcott™ paper trimmer
ColorBox® Dark Brown Chalk Ink pad, Stylus handle and tips
· Impression ObsessionTM stamp: C14335 “There is always something to be thankful for!”
· Mouse and cob stamp BonTon Stamps
· Dried onion skins, grasses or herbs
· Scrap of tissue paper
1. Follow the instructions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create tan slurry and cast one or more of the “Tea Time” castings.
2. Allow the casting to dry.
3. Add more off-white scraps to the slurry and create sheets of medium weight handmade paper with flecks in it. Repeat adding some onion skins or other inclusions. Allow the paper to dry.
4. Cut, score and fold the ivory cardstock to for a 4 ¼ x 5 ½” card.
5. Die cut the word “Cozy” from a scrap of dark brown handmade paper.
6. Use the Stylus to add ink to the high spots of the Tea Time paper casting.
7. Tear a piece of the handmade paper a tiny bit smaller than the folded card.
8. Attach the torn piece to the front of the ivory card front with ZipDry™.
9. Attach the paper casting to the lower middle of the card with the QuickGrip™ adhesive.
10. Attach the die cut word to the top middle of the card with ZipDry™.
11. Tear, score and fold the handmade paper for the mouse card.
12. Stamp the mouse and the saying onto tissue paper.
13. When the ink is dry, attach the stamped tissue paper to the card. (Refer to photo for placement).
14. Add your message inside the cards.
15. Mail the paper cast card in a padded envelope or hand deliver.