Friday, March 25, 2016
“Love is the River”
© Michele Emerson-Roberts 2016
This wonderful quote stamp from Stamp A Mania is one of my favorites. Pairing it with one of my favorites dies from Tonic (and I have so many favorites) made it so easy to creating a stunning card that will sure to be a hit with the recipient! The card is beautiful in any color you may want to create it. I just happened to have some purple card stock on the table - here we go!
· Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits
· A sunny window
· Blender, small strainer, cello sponges and soft towels
· Scraps of ivory or white paper (think junk mail, etc.)
· Dies: Tonic GoldTM US 178E Petites Acorn Swirl
· SpellbindersTM Grand Calibur Machine
· Purple cardstock for card base (card is 4 ¼ x 5 ½” folded)
· Envelopes to fit card (or make your own with the AG envelope template)
· Tonic GoldTM US Advantage V Blade™ paper trimmer
· Beacon ZipDryTM adhesive, double sided foam tape
· DecoArtTM Media Fluid Acrylic™ & Misters (shades of purples)
· Clearsnap™ Purple Chalk ink pad
· Water mister
· Sea sponge
· Stamp: Stamp A Mania MH7125-H
· Iron if you want the paper smooth
1. Follow the direction for paper making found in any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits or books to make slurry from the white/ivory scraps.
2. Create one or more sheets of medium weight white/ivory handmade paper.
3. When the sheets of paper are dry, cut them to 4 x 5 ¼”. Save the extra pieces for other projects.
4. Water down the Fluid Acrylic paints.
5. Use the sea sponge to dab and swirl the paints onto the handmade paper pieces. (See sample.)
6. Allow paint to dry.
7. Die cut three acorn swirls from the purple scraps.
8. Cut, score and fold the purple card to create a 4 ¼ x 5 ½” card.
Assemble the card:
1. Attach the painted paper to the card front with ZipDry™ adhesive.
2. Stamp the saying “Love is the river of Life in the world” onto the right hand side of the layered card.
3. Attach the swirls die cuts to the left side of the card with tiny pieces of foam tape.