Friday, February 26, 2016
©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2016
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and love is in the air! I have so much to be grateful for, with my husband Charles is at the top of the list. I have had this set of stamps for several years and have always loved the verbiage--but one keeps calling me. I knew it would be perfect paired with the swirly heart die and a new embossing folder for his Valentine’s Day card.
· Any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits
· A sunny window
· Blender, strainer, cello sponges and soft towels
· Scraps of white or off white, light and dark pink paper (think junk mail, etc.)
· Beacon ZipDryTM Adhesive
· Envelopes to fit cards (or make your own with the AG envelope template)
· Scrap of tissue paper
· Die: Impression ObsessionTM DIE126-U Heart Swirl
· Embossing Folder: Couture Creations CO724383 Hearts Ease Collection
· SpellbindersTM Grand Calibur die cutting machine
· Stamp: JustRite™ CR04450 Greateful Heart set
· ColorBoxTM Blush Rose Chalk Ink pad
1. Follow the instructions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create one or more sheets of heavy weight rose colored speckled paper.
2. Add more white or off white scrap to the slurry and create more sheets of paper. You want several shades of rose colored handmade paper. (Create more sheets if you are going to make numerous cards…..one sheet will make 2 cards.)
3. When the lighter shade of paper is dry, fold and tear it (you want the deckle edges) to make two pieces 5 ½ x 8 ½”.
4. Score and fold to create a 4 ¼ x 5 ½” card.
5. Die cut one of the swirly hearts from a darker shade of handmade paper.
6. Emboss the words on the front of the card.
7. Stamp the “Start each day with a grateful heart” sentiment on the piece of tissue paper with the Chalk ink.
8. When the ink is dry attach the stamped tissue paper to the upper left of the card and the swirly heart to the bottom right of the card with ZipDry™