The quiet time between Christmas day and New Year’s Day is a time for me to relax, reflect and look back at the past year and start planning and looking forward to 2015. My thoughts always go to “love”, weddings and Valentine’s Day. The card I am working on today will be for my wonderful husband Charles who grows beautiful flowers and is indeed my Valentine. Just a small reminder that he still makes my heart flutter.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits
- Microwave, heat gun or a sunny window
- Blender, small strainer, cello sponges
- Iron and pressing cloth
- Westcott® personal paper cutter, scissors
- Beacon ZipDry™ & QuickGrip™ Adhesives
- Scraps of white and lavender paper or cardstock (think junk mail, etc.) - or use lavender scrap from a previous project. Remember: ALWAYS save the scraps.
- Black cardstock 5 ½” x 8 ½” (Checked my stash and did not have any handmade paper….darn)
- Envelopes for a 4 ¼ x 5 ½” cards (or use the AG template to create matching envelopes)
- Dies: Memory Box™ heart
- Spellbinders™ Grand Calibur machine
- 18” of 1 ½” sheer purple ribbon
- Small purple silk flower and tiny white sprig flower
- Follow the direction for paper making found in any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits or books to make slurry from the white and lavender scraps.
- Create a sheet of thick pale lavender handmade paper. (Think cardstock weight.) Allow the papers to dry. If you want the paper to be smooth as I did, iron it using the pressing cloth.
- Score and fold the black cardstock in half to create a 4 ¼ x 5 ½” card.
- Cut a piece of the pale lavender paper smaller than the folded card to write your message on.
- Die cut the heart shape from the pale lavender paper.
Assemble the card:
- Tie the sheer purple ribbon into a bow around the front top left of the card. Cut the ends of the ribbon to form a notch.
- Use the Beacon QuickGrip™ adhesive to attach the small silk flower and the tiny white sprig under the knot of the bow.
- Apply tiny amounts of Beacon ZipDry™ adhesive to the back of the die cut heart and attach it to the right side of the card.
- Write your message inside the card and give the card to your Valentine.
Use Coupon Code JAN20 at checkout for 20% off your order.