- Any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits
- Scraps of off-white paper (think junk mail, etc.)
- Mold: Butterfly from CP Nature Miniatures
- Microwave, heat gun or a sunny window
- Blender, small strainer, cello sponges and soft towels, paper cutter, scissors, bone folder, craft knife and cutting surface
- Lemon scented liquid potpourri
- Scrap of off-white card stock
- Golden Yellow card stock 5 ½ x 8 ½” (folded) and envelope
- Dies: CheeryLynn tiny leaf flourish
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur™ Machine
- Embroidery needle, medium golden yellow floss
- Beacon QuickGrab™ and ZipDry™ Adhesive, double sided foam tape or foam dots
- 18” of 1” sheer golden yellow ribbon
- 2 8mm clear seed beads
- Follow the directions for paper making and casting found in any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits or books to create slurry.
- Add a few drops of the Lemon liquid potpourri to the slurry.
- Cast the butterfly from the CP
(Note: while you have the white slurry, you may want to cast the other three shapes from the mold or any of the other wonderful molds that you may purchase from Arnold Grummer.)
- Dry the casting in the microwave, a sunny window or with a heat gun.
- When the casting is dry, coat the back of the casting with ZipDry™ adhesive.
- After the adhesive is dry, use
the needle to poke holes down the body of the butterfly casting.
(Note: do not place the holes too close together)
- Stitch the butterfly body with French Knots, and outline-stitch the wings.
- Attach the two 8mm seed beads for antennas.
- Die cut two of the tiny leaf flourishes from the scrap of off whit card stock.
- Cut a 1” slit at the top left of the folded card.
- Insert the ribbon and tie a bow.
- Attach the tiny leaf flourishes with QuickGrab™ adhesive to the bow.
- Use the foam tape or dots to attach the butterfly casting to the right side of the card.
- Add a message to the inside of the card.